Androsace is a grungeband from Shanghai.
| Androsace is a Rock, Grunge artist , originally from Shanghai.
Androsace, photo (c) Ren Hang
| English Name
| Chinese Name
|| 点地梅 / diǎn dì méi
|| Rock, Grunge
| This is an artist which could be a band, musical project, solo musician or any other kind of music collective. For a more precise definition, see Category:Artists.
| LENZ 楞次 – VOCALS (China
DARIO 逹留 – DRUMS (Italy)
SEB 瑟布 – BASS (France)
SASHA 萨沙 - GUITAR (China)
Androsace formed in June 2010 when vocalist Lenz and drummer Dario started writing songs and playing together. They were joined by Seb (Bass) and Sasha (Guitar) and very soon started playing regularly in Shanghai. They refer to their music as “minority grunge”, a reflection of the fact they are all to some degree minorities in Shanghai and Lenz is Bai Zu (Bai people of Yunnan). Their sound is a mix of grunge/hardcore/garage/late 70’s New York Punk with a distinct Xinjiang influence.
Others have said: “If you’ve been paying attention and following undercurrents in Shanghai’s live music community, you’ll be familiar with this loud-ass band called Androsace […] The band mixes several different styles, offering a sound like a female-fronted Motörhead mixed with the more melodic side of ’90s grunge […] This is a band destined for greatness and I think these recordings represent them well – heavy, energised, frantic and passionate, just like all the great bands of the punk rock past”.
- 29th September With Italian Punk band SmegmaRiot @ YUYINTANG – Shanghai
- 30th September With Italian Punk band SmegmaRiot @ LOGO – Shanghai
- 6th November With Taiwanese band White Eyes @ YUYINTANG - Shanghai
- 11th November @ YUYINTANG – Shanghai
- 3th December @ MAO LIVE HOUSE - Shanghai
- 10th December @ CORNER BAR LIVE HOUSE – Songjiang District, Shanghai
- 17th December @ LIVE BAR – Shanghai
- 18th December With SHANREN @ MAO LIVE HOUSE - Shanghai
- 19th February @ YUYINTANG – Shanghai
- 1st April @ LIVE BAR – Shanghai
- 2nd April Kurt Cobain tribute @ 696 – Shanghai
- 9th April With SUBS @ MAO LIVE HOUSE – Shanghai
- 17th April @ F1 GRAND PRIX - Shanghai
- 23th April Fever Machine & Friends vol.7 @ YUYINTANG – Shanghai
- 10th May Layabozi.com 3 Years Anniversary @ YUYINTANG – Shanghai
- 14th May Girl Kill Girl+Androsace+Cassette+N.M.L.K.@ D-22 – Beijing
- 15th May Punk Night @ HOT CAT CLUB – Beijing
- 20th May Prank, Androsace @ LIVE BAR – Shanghai
- 18th June Top Floor Circus, Zhaocube, Rockbremen, Androsace @ 696 – Shanghai
- 19th June Fetè de la Musique @ MAO LIVE HOUSE – Shanghai
- 24th June Grunge Party @ LIVE BAR – Shanghai
- 25th June Automatic High! Vol.1 @ LOGO – Shanghai
- 23th July Androsace + Guests @ LIVE BAR – Shanghai
- 31th July Androsace + 毕恭毕敬 @ LIVE BAR – Shanghai
- 27th August Youth Party 亲年会XII @ 696 – Shanghai
- 27th August Live Bar 6th Year Birthday @ LIVE BAR – Shanghai
- 16th September Candyshop+Androsace+Delusion+GuoYiFan @ MAO LIVE HOUSE – Shanghai
- 29th September Androsace’s 1st Birthday + Prank + 毕恭毕敬 @ 696 – Shanghai
- 12th October With Australia’s Arcane Saints China Tour @ ShanHai Livehouse – Shanghai
- 4th November Dragon Pizza + Androsace (free cd) + Cold Fairyland @ Yuyintang – Shanghai
- 11th November Ann+ Chaos Mind + Androsace + Moon Tyrant @ Shanhai Livehouse - Shanghai
- 19th November BEWARE – Battle Cattle + Androsace + Prank@ LIVE BAR – Shanghai
- 25th November ROCK NIGHT: 毕恭毕敬+TNT+Scary Magic+Androsace@ D-CLUB – Shanghai
- 8th December Fudan University Music Festival @ Fudan University - Shanghai
February 18th, 2012
Nanchang, Heitie Livehouse, Androsace
, Photo (c)
Androsace started off a China tour in February and reported online on their progress in a tour diary. On their first show, February 18th 2012, in Nanchang's Heitie Livehouse they reported:
Androsace played a new live set made of eleven songs, luckily good part of these are brand new which makes us more happy in playing, plus it gives us the chance to give to people something more for what’s only on the album! We think that people liked our songs and I remember so clearly people following us, clapping their hands enthusiastic on the marching beat of our song “Machine”. We ended up taking pictures, somebody even received a hug. After we all went to a colorful local restaurant and had good time with some local new friends. We are totally up for playing again in places like this. The reception of people is really warm, natural and genuine.
Articles & Interviews
- ↑ The Duck (Layabozi) (2012-02-20). "DIARY OF A CHINESE TOUR: ANDROSACE – GIG 01". Retrieved on 2012-02-21.